Building inner fenders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking good, I would run another angled support from the core support to the inner engine side of the battery, basically a bigger gusset.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No joke there, I have seen someone's battery hit the ground and break and it really suck's!

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Yea, I am gonna cut a piece out to add another brace lol. Just gotta wait til break time so I can get on the plasma cutter.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
for educational purposes... i got a dumb question. please forgive...

why can't you use the factory hood hinges? are ya smoothing the inner fenders and gonna shave 'em or is it a clearance issue?

just asking cuz i'll be walking down this road sooner or later and like to plan ahead.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I have a bawse ESAB Powercut 1500 but I need a new torch for it and my shop compressor is on its last leg :-/. When I did get to use it man it will cut through anything. Here at work we have the small miller inverter plasmas they are a lil bigger than a case of beer and easily cut 1/2" steel.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
for educational purposes... i got a dumb question. please forgive...

why can't you use the factory hood hinges? are ya smoothing the inner fenders and gonna shave 'em or is it a clearance issue?

just asking cuz i'll be walking down this road sooner or later and like to plan ahead.

I would say its more of a clearance issue. I have seen some that just notch the fender around the factory hinge, that's what I will do if I cant mount it low enough to clear with out notching.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want to run even stock size tires or a tire that is equivelant to that with a bigger rim size then the oe hood spring hit's the tire and the hood won't close