Budget modifications for the diy er

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I wont need a new grill. But i have to take the light pig tails from the 88 or 89 and splice them in. Will that 4 high mod take away my runner lights. Or low beams.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
no it will not from the factory when you turn on the high beams it shuts the low beams off this mod makes it when you turn on the high beams the low beams stay on

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
no it will not from the factory when you turn on the high beams it shuts the low beams off this mod makes it when you turn on the high beams the low beams stay

Oh thats good to know ill look into that for my lights now. If i cant get the split beams

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far i recently did a air box delete on my 97 k1500. I have noticed a 3 to 4 mpg gain. I created this thread to see what everyone else has come up with and willing to share. Ill share as soon as i figure what else i can do without killing the bank. Thanks for all who reply. I try to respond asap.

Heres a pic. I used a 2 inch fernco quick connect from a hardware store only cost 3$. Very easy to install. Makes the truck have better throttle response.
A 3-4 mpg gain sounds like a lot! I’d delete the vortec box for even a 1 mpg gain lol