Bucket Seats, Adjustable Brackets, and Harness Bar - Ardent Fabrication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Wanted to share some pictures of my prototype harness bar and adjustable seat brackets that will one day be available on my line of products. Also wanting to see if there's any interest/demand for this.

I can confidently say that installing aftermarket seats with the associated parts is probably one of THE most underestimated and over-looked tasks to be taken on. Many times, people think, "It's just seats, this should take an hour.." in reality, building custom bracketry (that actually fits) and installing harnesses (correctly) can easily be more than a full days work.

However, having a kit that's mostly bolt-in with the exception of drilling a few holes here and there, can really make the job a lot more simple, easier, and less time-consuming.

My particular truck has sort of a bench seat frame but individual seats so my sliders and brackets fit on top of it. I'm still developing a "frame/bracket" for trucks that have the individual seats as opposed to the bench seat style frame. It'll basically serve as an adapter from the floor to the adjustable brackets with sliders.

The newer brackets will have more tilt and height adjustability while still using sliders. Also, no compromises here, they don't have a tall stack-up height due to its unique design! My bucket seat actually sits lower than the original seat.

As for the harness bar, it bolts to the B-pillar right under the speakers (via drilled holes). The newer harness bars will have a second bar under it to where the harness will wrap around, that way the seat won't interfere with the harness buckles so the it can go even further back. It will also have more pick-up/anchor points for additional rigidity.

The seat brackets are constructed of 3/16" thick steel plate with mostly 5/16" hardware. The harness bar is 1 1/2" dia. x 0.120" wall DOM tubing with Grade eight 3/8" hardware.

I'm using a Procar seat and sliders with a 6 pt. G-Force harness with my Ardent Fabrication brackets and harness bar.

Let me know what you all think and feel free to ask any questions.

You must be registered for see images attach

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like that!
I'd be interested in the rear bar for harness attachment.

I'll end up doing a cage but it's going to be awhile.

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I really like that!
I'd be interested in the rear bar for harness attachment.

I'll end up doing a cage but it's going to be awhile.

Great! I'll keep you in the loop. Hopefully I'll have it available around March this year, maybe sooner. The first autocross event is that month so I want to at very least have my prototype ready for it.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going into that dark place well with a 1967 C10. I modified 03 Tahoe seats to work without the stupid seat belt and side air bag. Cut the seat back upper corner, folded it over and will weld it in. I have "B" pillar seat belts now with the retractor on the floor as I remember a bolt hole was there. Perhaps from the old gas tank. But, have not made up my mind on the color of leather to use..yet.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Update!

Added a lower bar to allow the shoulder belts to mount to that and wrap over the upper one so the seat can go even further back without the shoulder belt buckles in the way.

Also made a jig for it so I can start to reproduce them. Who needs a harness bar??

The seat brackets will also go through another iteration with more adjustability, just need to put aside time to make it happen.

Enjoy the pics, DM me if interested.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good lookin work.
I'm interested

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Good lookin work.
I'm interested

Thanks, much appreciated.

I'm going to find time to make one or two to have ready to go. They'll be powder coated black and come with all hardware, templates for interior panel holes, and installation instructions.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Are these available to purchase? Would like one for my truck
They will be soon, I am trying to find some time outside of my work schedule to make a production run of a few of them.

----

To everyone that is interested in this, thank you so much and I appreciate your patience! I'm glad to see there's a bigger demand than I was expecting (even outside of this forum) and I will do my best to get these available as soon as I can! I'll keep you all posted!