breakerless distributor in a stock tbi truck???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative ghostrider.

Edit: What's wrong with your distributor?

K1500 gramnolds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my cap off yesterday for the first time, and the inside of the dizzy was rusty, the rotor & button is "burnt", and the cap is suffering from corrosion and carbon tracks. I went ahead and bought a new stock replacement cap, rotor, and coil at good `ol AutoZone. Recently bought a new 369 ignition module and plan on fixing all of this stuff today.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I took my cap off yesterday for the first time, and the inside of the dizzy was rusty, the rotor & button is "burnt", and the cap is suffering from corrosion and carbon tracks. I went ahead and bought a new stock replacement cap, rotor, and coil at good `ol AutoZone. Recently bought a new 369 ignition module and plan on fixing all of this stuff today.

little tip, i have never had good luck with aftermarket modules, always seem to burn out on TBI's after 6 months, always replaced with original crusty OEM Delco ones, never had one fail.

K1500 gramnolds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I wound up using a stock replacement cap, rotor, and coil. Left the ICM alone because it seemed to be fine, but I got a spare and put it in the glovebox just in case.