Brake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95k150050

Reaction score
So I completely bleed the brakes until no air was coming from the bleeders and hose fittings but when I press the pedal its like air bubbles is coming out of the rear large chamber of the master cylinder. Is this normal? It's a 95 k1500 5.0 and has the Kelsy Hayes abs

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Why is this posted in the "Engine Performance..." section?

2. Yes, that's normal IF (big IF) the master cylinder has air in it. Jack the back of the truck up as high as you can get it, tickle the brake pedal until all the bubbles go away. When the air is gone, you'll still get a pair of little "geysers" in the reservoir--no air, just fluid.

3. If the bubbles never stop, the master cylinder is pulling air in from somewhere--the seal by the booster, or somewhere farther down-line like the ABS unit or the combination valve.

95k150050

Reaction score
Well I had to post it somewhere cause we have no brake section just interior, transmission, exterior and engine. No general section