brake master cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Nevermind, just checked yer build thread. U got the crappy RWAL. Its the gizmo under yer mastercylinder wit the black box next to it. Unplug and remove the black box, take the back brake fitting out of the little gizmo and transfer it to yer proportioning valve. Re-bleed rears. There's a write-up somewhere. I look fer it.

Found it.http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?11427-1990-C1500-ABS-(RWAL)-removal
The dump valve is different, but same concept. Your rear fitting should match the prop valve.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the pedal back brakes are good now kind of. My brake light keeps coming on when I'm driving. I know for a fact there is no air in the lines so what could it be? A sensor?

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure you have no other fluid leaks? My brakes did this just a week ago and I had to replace my entire brake line system for a hidden leak that was in the line that runs through the frame. You have the same signs as mine did.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe. check the connector on top of the prop valve. Whatz u mean by kinda?

the brake light was the call for kinda. I'm thinking I might have hit a sensor. About a week ago I remover my muffler and put a new one on. So a couple days after that I pulled the tips off and they were running over the rear axle when I cut the hangers they fell and hit the top of the axleso idk if it could have done anything or not but after that the brake light started coming on so I'm cluless right now

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
There's no sensor in the axle. U may have damaged a line, crimped it or sumpthin. Did u remove the rwal?
Maybe a bad flex line at the wheel.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
OK, check the sensor on top of the proportioning valve. And since u still got the rwal u will need to bleed the gizmo under the MC. there's a bleeder just like the hubs.