brake master cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need help with my brakes. The master cylinder was leaking brake fluid so I went to replace it and Napa autoparts has a couple different ones. So I picked one that he said was common on these trucks and its not working out. I put it on and blead the brakes go to start it up for a test drive and the pedal sinks to the floor. I'm thinking I got the wrong one. How would I tell what type of brake system/ master cylinder would I need? Oh and when I start the truck the brake light stays on. I really need help quick please

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Did u bleed the RWAL? If not, thats a real pita part of our trucks. Alot of us have removed them. Makes fer much better pedal feel and response.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking he did not, he said he put it on and bled brakes, never said bench bled then installed etc.

good luck. I removed my RWAL and I can't get mine bled without it. it's being a real pain.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
both are brand new, and when I pump the pedal it gets hard and stays hard, then when you let off and hit it again it falls to the floor.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did bench bleed it first. What is the rwal?
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express