Brake Lights & Multi-Function Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psimmon

Reaction score
hey everyone, been lurking around for awhile, and been trying to search for the info id need to fix a problem with my '98 k2500, but so far.. no luck.

What's going on is this.. no brake lights. flashers work, 4way's work. cruise works. oh, and the high cab brake light works. now I've traced the wires, and power goes down them as i mentioned for signal & flashers, but when i put on the brakes, nothing. today i pulled the wheel & installed a new multi function switch, but the same thing is happening. the brake pedal switch seems like its a simple 1 wire in, 1 out, not think it's the problem.

any ideas? suggestions?

psimmon

Reaction score
No idea's anyone? :( frick.. hate to retire the white beast cuz no brake lights..

Reaction score
i know it sounds stupid but have you checked the fuse? the third brake light( or high brake light) is on a different fuse

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The switch at the pedal is more than just one wire going into. The cruise control is also tied into it like mathew said start with the fuse

psimmon

Reaction score
Thanks! Checked fuses, they all good, I'm suspecting a bad brake switch now. The cruise works, so just thinking one of those 5 wires coming off that switch isn't working. Now to just figure out how to get under there and find it! Sure looks buried up in that dash..