BRAKE BLEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colton Jones

Reaction score
1996 k1500 Okay so I was in the free way the other day and my driver side rear wheel cylinder blew and leaked pretty much all my brake fluid out. So I replaced the wheel cylinder and Proceeded to do a bleed I am barely getting any fluid to the bleeder and when I do it’s full of air My reservoir level seems to stay the same no matter how much comes out. I’d have my buddy pump 10x and hold and I’d crack the bleeder and sometimes a lot will come out and sometimes nothing will if anyone can shine some light on my situation or help me if I’m doing this wrong

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I can remember. If you lost all your fluid you may have trapped air in your abs module... one of the abs wizards needs to shine light on it. Rear passenger tire bleed til fluid out... then driver rear tire... then passenger front... then driver side.. refill as needed check level constantly.. if you do all this make sure your bleeding it right... open bleeder friend press brake pedal hold it and you close it before he picks up his foot

Colton Jones

Reaction score
Also make sure you dont have other leaks around the system.. I would of replaced both sides if you didnt
I didn’t replace it because they only had one at the parts store but I’m starting to think it might be the abs module or something of that because that’s the only thing that make sense but I don’t know how to bleed it

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can change the other cylinder. I highly advise it.. I understand if you cant now but do it asap. Last thing you want is to fix your issue drive again and the other side blows. Its weaker then the new one and more worn out. I'm sure you know this just dont want you to repeat this scenario. As far as abs I believe you need a machine to bleed it or some type of special procedure. I really wish I knew how first hand but last time I had my brakes done the dealer did it. But i know people on the forum have wrote about it and mentioned stuff. Is your abs light on btw?

Colton Jones

Reaction score
If you can change the other cylinder. I highly advise it.. I understand if you cant now but do it asap. Last thing you want is to fix your issue drive again and the other side blows. Its weaker then the new one and more worn out. I'm sure you know this just dont want you to repeat this scenario. As far as abs I believe you need a machine to bleed it or some type of special procedure. I really wish I knew how first hand but last time I had my brakes done the dealer did it. But i know people on the forum have wrote about it and mentioned stuff. Is your abs light on btw?
No it isn’t on

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When your buddy pumps the pedal repeatedly, he is aerating the fluid; inducing bubbles into the fluid.

DON'T.

Open the bleeder
Moderately, press the brake pedal down, not all the way to the floor
Close the bleeder
Then release the brake pedal
Repeat on all 4 corners.