Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@BNielsen feeling the reassessment pain here too The bturds are raising values higher than the peak two years ago and their still asking to keep overages and will ask for more “fees” to cover what they should already be providing. This is BS, but don’t get me started

now back to Brody’s truck

can’t answer the cam alternative question, used comps 270 in mine. Would not use their lifters though.
The gentleman over at Delta Cams has cam and lifter kits for $200 right off the shelf, he calls them his Factory HO grinds. I need to email him and get the cam specs so I can compare.
If I do go the Comp route, GMPP lifters are going in; while $500 hurts the wallet a bit to think about, I'd rather not have a lifter failure right out of the box.
If you're outside city limits NCDOT has a pothole reporting form online you fill out and they'll fill it in a few days. I've done tons of them around my area.
I'm about a half of mile in the city limit. Lame.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, if the city has their own dot/Street maintenance crew then it's out of the NCdot hands (IE, they'll tell you to screw off).

Doesn't hurt to send a message to them:
https://www.ncdot.gov/contact/Pages/form.aspx?UnitName=pothole&sourceUrl=/contact/
I'll give it a shot; I just hope the "repair" doesn't make the road worse. The road my in-laws live on is rough as hell, just an old country road that has trucks and tractors driving down it daily.
We'd heard they were going to repave it year before last, hell they even brought out a milling machine and started to level off some of the real bad spots.

Then they sprayed tar down, gravel, and a layer of tar on top of that before they painted lines on it. Looks great from above probably, but in reality it probably would've been better off being left alone. But isn't that the best description of government "fixes" regardless?

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
I work for our Municipal Government as a fleet mechanic, therefore I work very close with our Streets Department. The reason our roads here in our town are so ****** is because of the set budget for our fiscal year, for my department our budget is mostly for tools, safety equipment, repairs on our own equipment and vehicles etc. For the Streets Department, let’s say they get a budget of $1,000,000 for the year. But that $1,000,000 is for every possible thing they need, Fuel, Repairs, Parts, equipment, etc. instead of the City paying for the asphalt and concrete they take it from the Streets budget. So their $500,000 purchase of a new dump truck really takes a toll on that yearly budget, now factor in all their repairs they need done on other equipment, plus paying for the repairs of the roads. They really get shafted badly. Meanwhile other departments like Water Production and Solid wastes are free to do whatever they please.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I knocked over my old tensioner assembly box yesterday I meant to buy a new bearing for about a year ago.

I'm just now working on dynamat in my car, and that stuff has been sitting in the garage for 3mo just waiting on me.