Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear ever since I had covid it gets worse every year, it never bothered me until I got sick in '21, now it's the slightest bit of pollen or other irritant and I'm sneezing or it feels like my face is swollen.
I never had it until I was in my 30s, back around 2000, and the empty section next to where I was working become overgrown with weeds etc and when the summer wind blew it into our workshop I thought I had caught a cold but turned out it was hay fever and I have been affected every year for the last 20 odd years. Obviously once you get it once it changes something in our immunity and we are stuck with it from there on after.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never had it until I was in my 30s, back around 2000, and the empty section next to where I was working become overgrown with weeds etc and when the summer wind blew it into our workshop I thought I had caught a cold but turned out it was hay fever and I have been affected every year for the last 20 odd years. Obviously once you get it once it changes something in our immunity and we are stuck with it from there on after.
That's pretty much exactly how it went with me, I first noticed it at work; we had been doing a bunch of clearing around the fence line of the property, in the middle of the spring bloom and I felt like I was coming down with something.
Definitely doesn't feel great to know it won't get better but at least I can get allergy medication fairly easy.
I love your truck.
Thanks! It's alright some of the time. I need to park it so I can tear into it and get it back in shape, I've owned it for 7 years as of April 1st and it shows in some spots.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still maintain that that is one of the prettiest reds GM had in the 90's
I wish I kept up with it better, but I've never been able to park it under cover so the paint on the roof and the hood is baked, not to mention the clear on the fender that's been an issue since I bought it.
I'll get it repainted one of these days, although I'd really rather have the roof, hood, and fender fixed. The sides are in pretty good shape aside from dents and dings and scratches.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My hood and roof are REALLY starting to show their age after this past winter. It was like the clear coat suddenly started failing.

It's a long ways down the list though
That's about how mine is, I feel like the past 3 years have just killed the paint.
---------------
Drove it to the Charlotte Auto Fair today, noticed the AC compressor started chirping and rattling really bad, I think the compressor leaked out everything again; anyone got a link to the upgraded Sanden compressor for these trucks?
Also did a little adjustment on the cradles for the airbags today; I think I may have gone too far over so I'll need to jack it back up and try again; I love these cradles so much
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My hood and roof are REALLY starting to show their age after this past winter. It was like the clear coat suddenly started failing.

It's a long ways down the list though
Yup sleeping outside for years doesn't bode well for the clearcoat on our trucks! That's the biggest issue with the paint on Rawhide, the top and hood having very faded clearcoat that has affected the basecoat some. I want to replace the hood if I can find one in a similar color (cheap enough, I won't care about the color). And he's got a few dents and scratches that need tending to...but at the end of the day, he's a working truck so not gonna be perfect.
And as far as lists... getting Burb mobile again is at the top of mine. I need both trucks running in a couple of weeks....