Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update! Camper pulled great, truck struggled on the hills, and the misfire issue flared up REAL bad halfway down there.
Truck was just out of breath on the hills, I hit a couple going 55 and kept in the throttle, but by the time I got to the top I was lugged down to 40-45. I pulled in 3rd the whole way, and managed to hit every stoplight between my house and the racetrack!

Also, had one of my weight distribution bars came unhooked and resulted in me dragging it for probably a good 10 minutes before my gut told me to stop and check; I'll post of pics of the damage tomorrow.

jgreen16

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update! Camper pulled great, truck struggled on the hills, and the misfire issue flared up REAL bad halfway down there.
Truck was just out of breath on the hills, I hit a couple going 55 and kept in the throttle, but by the time I got to the top I was lugged down to 40-45. I pulled in 3rd the whole way, and managed to hit every stoplight between my house and the racetrack!

Also, had one of my weight distribution bars came unhooked and resulted in me dragging it for probably a good 10 minutes before my gut told me to stop and check; I'll post of pics of the damage tomorrow.
Ouch! Hope there isn't too much damage.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ouch! Hope there isn't too much damage.

Nothing too bad; definitely going to try and find a replacement bar. I'm sure there's no structural damage, but I'm still a little iffy on it,
You must be registered for see images attach

Truck pulled the camper with minimal problems; I was so busy this weekend I didn't get a chance to throw tune up parts at it, so about halfway home the truck acted up so bad it lost damn near all power and I had to baby it to a gas station so I could let it sit and cool off.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swear I'll get back to updating this thread more than once or twice a month.
Haven't done much to the truck, the weather and that whole time change thing really makes things difficult.
It's been too cold and due to my work schedule I haven't had time to give it a good hand wash; so I killed about 8 bucks at the coin wash. It's halfway decent but my gravel driveway tends to undo a lot of that clean.

Knocked out the oil change and greased everything. Going to have to address the whole front end soon and thanks to LT Tolman on Youtube I'm back to looking at the NBS knuckle swap.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Show truck

I have a bunch of pictures from the show, I wish I would've been able to take more but my phone camera is absolutely horrible.
I didn’t take the time to read the whole post. But anyways is that a 6.5 or just running the bumper?