Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered air bags finally; hoping to knock out a decent tune up in a couple days when I have the time.
I'm trying to get the truck dialed in for a camping trip; I'm excited to be able to take the truck on a long trip pulling a trailer finally

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had to move the camper; decided to see how much it would squat down without the W/D hitch.
Truthfully, I was a little relieved at how minimal the squat was. It seems like any time I'm hooked up to my equipment trailer with something on it; the truck is damn near on the bump stops.
You must be registered for see images attach

Firestone Ride-Rites and the W/D hitch oughta make the 3-hour ride pretty comfy I hope

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Had to move the camper; decided to see how much it would squat down without the W/D hitch.
Truthfully, I was a little relieved at how minimal the squat was. It seems like any time I'm hooked up to my equipment trailer with something on it; the truck is damn near on the bump stops.

Firestone Ride-Rites and the W/D hitch oughta make the 3-hour ride pretty comfy I hope

I think it makes a bigger diff up front than out back.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered air bags finally; hoping to knock out a decent tune up in a couple days when I have the time.
I'm trying to get the truck dialed in for a camping trip; I'm excited to be able to take the truck on a long trip pulling a trailer finally
Have you started tuning with a wideband yet?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you started tuning with a wideband yet?
Unfortunately no, I've only played around a little with shift points. I'm debating on waiting to get a wideband since I'll be putting the headers on soon and redoing the entire exhaust.

What brand did you have in your truck again? AEM with a Bosch sensor wasn't it?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes and yes. I mean, the cost of having the bung welded in isn't that much, a shop should be able to do that without a lot of fuss.
I did recently see what it was cost a shop to weld it in and the old man looked at me like I was speaking Greek.
There is another shop I've been meaning to check on, maybe I'll finally give them a call.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I bought a foam cannon this weekend; and I don't know how I ever got along without one.

I washed everything I could at my house. My truck, my fiancé's Jeep, my camper; if the green truck was here it would get one hell of a wash.
No foamy pics yet, I had to work fast because it was hot as hell and I didn't want the sun baking the soap onto the truck.

Planning on doing some adjustments to the camper this weekend; probably going to run this set up across the scales and see what the combined weight is.

Also; it looks like the compressor is leaking; it keeps short cycling so I know it's low on refrigerant. I guess I'll dump a can in and address it after the trip.