Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Foam cannons are awesome, I bought a couple of them a couple years ago and wished I would've gotten one sooner! I usually use Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo, probably the best foaming car soap I've ever used, and it smells good. :) Truck's looking mighty sharp with that visor, it looks complete.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Foam cannons are awesome, I bought a couple of them a couple years ago and wished I would've gotten one sooner! I usually use Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo, probably the best foaming car soap I've ever used, and it smells good. :) Truck's looking mighty sharp with that visor, it looks complete.

Your avatar FTMFW! :Big Laugh:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I finally got around to re-pinning to get rid of the Trans Range DTC; I tried a while back but then never bothered again until today. Got it pinned correctly thanks to LT Tolman's vid, but if I unhook the ground, the code comes back?
I can't get it to do the crank relearn with my HPTuners but I'm going to see if I can get a hold of a friend of mine and use his Snap On scanner.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can't get it to do the relearn even with the E-brake jump trick and all that?

Shame. The Snap-on should do it though. Definitely worth trying.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can't get it to do the relearn even with the E-brake jump trick and all that?

Shame. The Snap-on should do it though. Definitely worth trying.
It does have a code for an EVAP sensor, but the truck was allegedly programmed to not need any EVAP sensor.
Would the HPTuners not do a crank relearn due to existing DTCs?

Strange. EFILive does relearns just fine. . .
Anything special you need to do for it? I picked HPTuners because a lot of what I read it's a little bit more beginner friendly.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It does have a code for an EVAP sensor, but the truck was allegedly programmed to not need any EVAP sensor.

Anything special you need to do for it? I picked HPTuners because a lot of what I read it's a little bit more beginner friendly.

I have to connect to the PCM with the scan tool, enable DVT (a mode that commands stuff on the fly: I can disable cylinders, command it to hold an RPM, do a crank relearn, etc), click relearn, rev it up around 4000 until it goes flat and sounds weird, and done.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't realize you had a CEL. Maybe that's the reason? What's the specific code number then? What've you done to fix it?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't realize you had a CEL. Maybe that's the reason? What's the specific code number then? What've you done to fix it?
It's a code for the EVAP system like I said, which I'm trying to figure out why since the truck was supposed to not be programmed for EVAP codes, I'll get the actual code here shortly