Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by BowtieBrody, Apr 9, 2017.

1. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

I figure 4-wheel disc with cross drilled and slotted rotors along with hydroboost will improve the braking ability,
    And yes, the GMT800 axle is a bit wider, I think by 2" than the GMT400 rears. I could be wrong though, I'll try to get a measurement off of the 14-Bolt FF in my dad's Duramax and compare it to the rear in my truck.

andy396 likes this.
  2. andy396

andy396 I'm Awesome

I can’t remember if you’ve done so already or not, but I bet you’d feel more improved braking by upgrading to dually rotors and calipers.

3. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

I was going to do that, but due to the rotors deteriorating a lot faster than I expected I went with the 3/4 ton rotors; but I do plan on going to one ton components when I go back through the front end.

4. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

5. skylark

skylark I'm Awesome

6. skylark

skylark I'm Awesome

7. andy396

andy396 I'm Awesome

I got my drums from NAPA and they were slide on. So much so that I had to add pieces of shim stock between the drum and the hub to get them to center.

8. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

Not too much to update, I've been trying to track down a 4.10 geared diff and a rear for shits and giggles and chasing some small issues I've been dealing with since I bought the truck.

Also did a Carfax search on it ever since the DMV told me it was an out of state title, and after a little digging I found out it was sold new in Pennsylvania! Then transfer to a Florida title around 05, and finally sold in NC some time around 08 until I bought it back in '17.
    For 22 years and a whole lot of traveling up and down the East Coast, 169K isn't too bad.
    [​IMG]

Anyone know what I could do to fix this? The gear indicator light won't work when it's pulled down into D/3-2-1, P-R-N lights up fine. It did it with the stock speedo and I thought the Esky cluster would fix it but it didn't.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Z71Hobbs

Z71Hobbs I'm Awesome

I believe there are individual LEDs for each lever position. So you may have some that are burned out. Or a break in the circuit ribbon.

10. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

Well I believe it's a break in the ribbon then, unless I just happened to swap in another cluster with burnt bulbs.