Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Of course I have a 4.10 and I can't find a 3.73!

Well if you ever just so happen to be in my neck of the woods and you've got it, I'll gladly take it off your hands!
-----------

I was planning on doing the GMT800 knuckles and swapping in the rear end out of a GMT800, but I can't find any non-HD steering knuckles, and I can't find any rears that are worth a damn.
I know once I buy the Lugnut4x4 kit, I'll find the 14-bolt FF that would've worked perfectly.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, buuuut, if you go with a topper all year round, it will have to look like this :deal::

full

(resource: https://www.gmt400.com/media/cb-ant-mount.14345/)

lol, I'm kidding, but it would be sweet though.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
^^ I like that.. I've toyed with the idea of mounting a rack on mine, but it's one of those "ideas not making it to reality" sort of things for right now lol. But I do figure it'd probably be better to do BEFORE a repaint, eh?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
^^ I like that.. I've toyed with the idea of mounting a rack on mine, but it's one of those "ideas not making it to reality" sort of things for right now lol. But I do figure it'd probably be better to do BEFORE a repaint, eh?
lol, I have those same "ideas not making it to reality" a lot. Definitely do it before a repaint. :D It would probably be better if you had a light bar (I think the 50" would look the best) I would think instead of the old school round halogen lights. Unless you were wanting it to look old school. I saw KC makes 6 inch round LED lights, but are almost $400 for 2!!! :Whoa:

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're just looking for good lighting search truck lite 07397 on ebay. I have these on my deuce, two spots and two floods, awesome lights. They are quite large and you'd need a 12-24v converter though.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's been a good run of reliability with this thing, but I think the rad is starting to go again; I'll have to take a closer look but from what little I saw, it's starting to leak between the plastic tank and radiator core again.

What's this I hear about one ton rads fitting? Do I need new upper and lower shrouds if I go that route?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Well it's been a good run of reliability with this thing, but I think the rad is starting to go again; I'll have to take a closer look but from what little I saw, it's starting to leak between the plastic tank and radiator core again.

What's this I hear about one ton rads fitting? Do I need new upper and lower shrouds if I go that route?

You'll need the brackets at the very least. I'm not running a shroud so technically you don't NEED it, but my temp does go up some when at a stop.