Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's basically what I have, and you've heard my truck. But, there are some times were I think it's a wee bit loud in the cab. Windows-up isn't too bad really. Some sound deadener or maybe just undercoating under the bed to keep it from vibrating would probably help though.

If I could find the time to science I'd see if it's worth it. Ain't even got a roof of my shed yet.

I used noico 80 mil on my truck, seems to work well and was pretty easy to install.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ran by the coin wash today and sprayed it down, I was hoping to wipe it down with some spray detailer and give it a quick buff job but with the temps being mid 90s not factoring in humidity, motivation for that slowly faded.
You must be registered for see images attach

Treated the tank with Amsoil Performance Improver, trying to clean the system out in little ways. Next step is going to be putting Amsoil Power Foam through the intake to clean everything in there.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your front flare more shiny than the rear flare?

Yeaaaahh….I tried painting these cheap Chinese flares a couple weekends ago, and of course, the humidity went way up as soon as I got done painting so they didn't dry right. So I'm just going to order a set of already gloss black flares from LMC truck that will actually fit and not look like ****.

I'm trying to get back to the entire truck having a glossy finish, but the more I try to correct the paint the more dents, dings, missing clear coat, missing paint, scratches and other annoying defects make their way to my attention.

And to top it off I found a couple of rust spots that are going to need addressed pretty soon.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
imo, it does look better with gloss black flairs instead of flat/satin black flares.

Humidity's a ***** ain't it? LOL

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second the glossy black flares look. It looks really good on you’re truck like that.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So here's the rust. What I'll probably wind up doing is wet sanding it all out, primer and paint, and then I'll treat the entire underside of the flare with CP90 before I put the better flares on.

Also, a shot of my brother's truck for ***** and giggles

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Your brother has got a nice truck as well! Did you give him your old rims? They look familiar.

I think we need to see both of them together... :lol:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your brother has got a nice truck as well! Did you give him your old rims? They look familiar.

I think we need to see both of them together... :lol:

Yup! Those are my old rims that were on my truck when I bought it. They were on the old K20 my brother had, but it started to fall apart so he sold it. Luckily he kept these wheels and replaced the disco rims that were on this truck.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here's the rust. What I'll probably wind up doing is wet sanding it all out, primer and paint, and then I'll treat the entire underside of the flare with CP90 before I put the better flares on.

Hopefully the better flares will be closer to the size of the OE flares that likely caused those spots to form and will hide whatever repairs you make.