Bouncing bed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
BJ, shouldn't that be for OBD1? Typo?

O.P., another thought on this. Has the box ever been off to your knowledge? Possible that those bolts are loose?

For engine codes on obdII you need a scanner. For abs codes on obdII you need an enhanced scanner or the paper clip trick will work by flashing the abs light.

The Kelsey Hayes 4wal unit out under the hood is the same one obdI or ObdII. When you short pins a+h you command the module to do flash out codes via the abs light.

Works for the earlier rwabs too iirc...

Last edited:

97DD

Reaction score
It did it before the I turned the drums and put the shoes on. Ive replaced shoes before on other trucks I have owned and never had a problem with them. As far as them being turned down to much, I took the drums to napa to have the resurfaced and I never had a reason to check tolerances before. I dont have a light on the dash. As far as I know the bed has never been removed from the previous owner.

97DD

Reaction score
I still havent been able to get enough down time to check due to work. running us like sweat shop due to summer approaching (work in a insulated glass plant). Its just a problem Ive never encountered before and it kinda has me stumped. good thing its only a 4 mile round trip to work and back.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
For engine codes on obdII you need a scanner. For abs codes on obdII you need an enhanced scanner or the paper clip trick will work by flashing the abs light.

The Kelsey Hayes 4wal unit out under the hood is the same one obdI or ObdII. When you short pins a+h you command the module to do flash out codes via the abs light.

Works for the earlier rwabs too iirc...

Huh! Never knew. Obviously! I'll be keeping this tucked away for future ref. Tanks!