1994 Chevy k1500 bouncing speedo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94 Borba

Reaction score
When engaging cruise control my Speedo bounces around erratically not as crazy as other videos I’ve seen but a fair amount from 7mph to 12mph as well as this same thing happens when I accelerate. However when I left off the throttle or disengage cruise control it goes back to my normal speed no bouncing or nothing. I’ve gotten a replacement cluster to see if that was the problem no luck. I replaced the speed sensor and again no fix so I’m kinda out of ideas and hope someone has a fix. To add everything like heating and cooling controls and every other gauge on the cluster works. It is just the speedometer that doesn’t work.

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is but maybe a short somewhere? Trace the plug wires for the speed sensor maybe they need replacing.

Also check your grounds...I was having weird electrical issues and I literally went and replaced EVERY ground cable and when I pulled the old ones off I cleaned the bolts and the surface they contacted with. Grounds replaced seemed to solve my electrical problems.

Seems like you may have a one off kinda problem.