Bosch injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other thing is that the 5-0 motorsports ones are going to be about 1/8" shorter than the stock ones. There is a chance they will not seat fully and can leak around the O-ring. The south bay ones have a spacer fitted on the end so they are the exact stock height and fit perfectly tight.

TN454K3500

Reaction score
The other thing is that the 5-0 motorsports ones are going to be about 1/8" shorter than the stock ones. There is a chance they will not seat fully and can leak around the O-ring. The south bay ones have a spacer fitted on the end so they are the exact stock height and fit perfectly tight.
Thank you for the input

So you would go with these?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is this a different part # thing from the "old days" 4 hole Bosch injectors from 5-0? It's been more than 10 years since I bought them but I had no problems with the height or fitment. Got the 5-0 recommended Bosch 4 hole injectors, sorry it's been so long I have no idea what part #. Went right in place of the originals no trouble at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anybody doing this job, four important things to think about:

1. BE CAREFUL WITH THE FUEL RAIL, it's plastic and NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE.. you can very easily break the nubs off it where the injector retainer clips go. I was super careful and spread the tangs on the clips with a small flathead before removing, and still broke a nub. I was able to loop through the clip with some zip-ties with success, but I'd hate to see someone break the nubs if they could avoid it.

2. Absolutely and without question replace the regulator and the vacuum line to it, and be sure you use quality vacuum line that is rated for fuel/vapor applications because otherwise it will fail quickly and it's a big job to get back in there (pull upper intake) just to replace that short piece of line.

3. Get yourself a ChannelLock SLIM adjustable wrench to use as the backup wrench on the intake fitting when loosening the EGR tube coupling nut. A regular wrench is too thick and will get in your way of loosening the coupling nut, making the whole assembly turn, which can easily damage the EGR tube - another part that is no longer available! The ChannelLock wrench I have is 8WCB-8 but they make several. I've found it super handy for tight fit stuff.

4. Consider converting to adjustable rockers. The rockers in the Gen V and VI big blocks are non-adjustable, you simply torque the bolts down to spec and hope they don't tick from wear. Comp Cams makes a kit - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-4514-kit that is simply studs (special for these engines, different sizes each end), spacers that go inside the stock rockers, and locknuts (prevailing torque/Stover style.) I think it's a worthwhile upgrade but I will admit I had trouble with the first kit I bought as more than 1 locknut seemed defective and ate the stud threads on install. I ordered another kit later just out of frustration and it went well, for some reason. Maybe evaluate for yourself and just use their studs, spacers, and someone else's locknuts..

Richard

Last edited:

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why do they only list car applications? I have no idea what I'm looking at.
Because they are specifically targeting the TPI vehicles. The stock TPI injectors and L29 injectors are the same, but there are WAY more TPI vehicles out there.
Is this a different part # thing from the "old days" 4 hole Bosch injectors from 5-0? It's been more than 10 years since I bought them but I had no problems with the height or fitment. Got the 5-0 recommended Bosch 4 hole injectors, sorry it's been so long I have no idea what part #. Went right in place of the originals no trouble at all.
That style is a direct replacement and is the same overall length. There should be no fitment issue with that style. The newer style ones are more reliable and have a bit better spray pattern, but are .125" shorter. The retainer clip also doesn't fit on them well, so it can be an issue. The newer ones they have with the spacer solve all of those problems. I didn't use a retainer clip at all, they fit all the way down into the manifold snuggly and the rail bolted down perfectly tight on them.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The South bay injectors posted are rated for 19 lb/hr @ 3 bar. Our 454 vortec engines run at 19 lb/hr @ 4 bar.

TN454K3500

Reaction score
The South bay injectors posted are rated for 19 lb/hr @ 3 bar. Our 454 vortec engines run at 19 lb/hr @ 4 bar.
Thank you, I overlooked this....

The Five0 Injectors 4bar rating? I don't see anything called out about it on their page. I can email them and confirm.

Mangonesailor says that 4bar = 58.8psi (Factory pressure) 19lbm/hr at 3bar is 22.01 @ 4bar
If I went with the SB injectors, I would need to get a slight adjustment in my tune to prevent overpsraying.

I also found these:

I haven't seen anyone on here post about them, but the reviews are really good.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well unfortunately i can't find the receipt but im almost positive they are what im running.