Blown 10 bolt out of my 6.5 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
So it started with a "Bang" while on the freeway. About 35 miles or so later, it sounded like there was a jackhammer banging on the bottom of my truck. I swapped it for a 14 bolt, and the blazer is now gone...

You must be registered for see images attach

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks almost like mine HAHA i got a 14 bolt SF too. still gotta put it in. the axle tubes are different sizes will my u-bolts still work, or is there more i have to change? came out of a 97 1500HD

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
One way or another you will have to change parts. I did a flip so I needed new u-bolts, and flat plates for on top of the spring pack. If you are not going to flip, then you will need the plates from a 14 bolt (or grind the plates you have to match the larger tube diameter). I actually have a pair that I'll throw in a flat rate box at cost for you if you need em. That would be if you want to keep the squared off u-bolts pointing down.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay thanks i didnt even think of that. ill just buy curved u-bolts that fit the 14 bolt and either (like what you said) modify the plate or ill just fabricate something up to go on top of the leef pack for the u-bolts to bolt through. thanks

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
You CAN use the plate from under the axle on top (I did this on my blazer as a temporary solution, before I traded it).. but I wouldn't recommend it. Pick up a pair of plates from Blue Torch Fab (thats where I got mine) or another vendor that are purpose-built for the job.

I believe the u-bolt size you're looking for to fit the 14 bolt is 3 3/8"