Blowing trans fluid out???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to help my cousin out on this. He just bought a 94 gmc Yukon Wednesday that's been sitting a month or so. 350, and I'm gonna assume it has the 4l60 trans? He checked everything before he paid for it, no leaks or anything. Yesterday he noticed some trans fluid all over the pavement and when he pulled the dipstick, it's coming out of the tube. When he got home, same thing. Let it sit awhile and the dipstick reads nothing. Any ideas as to what could be causing that problem?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Transmission is likely over full or the vent is plugged. The vent is the little fitting on top of the case at the bottom of where the bellhousing area flares down to the midsection. Many vehicles don't have anything attached here; some 4x4's may have a hose.

Richard

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Being overfull was my 1st guess. After it sits idling for a few, it's not showing anything. That's what threw me off. I've never experienced that or know anyone that has. I'll tell him to check the vent. He says it's shifting fine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh...... Gotta love the south, home of the mud dauber, those red wasps that have nothing better to do than pack every hole they find with mud. Start pulling hoses and checking for clogs, probably have every hose on that truck packed by now. With a few extra nests on the exhaust manifolds for good measure.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yea vent is probably plugged up. If its a 4x4 it would be a good time to use a piece of vacuum hose to extend the vent up the firewall near the cowl panel. This will help you not destroy a trans on the off chance it gets sunk in some deep water... (ask me how i know lol)