Blower motor crapped out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselDetroit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had only high for my blower motor for a while. I replaced my resistor and that solved the problem. Well a month ago my resistor crapped out bringing me back to only "HIGH" setting for my blower.

Just last week, high doesn't work anymore. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips? When I go from off to high I hear a relay clicking........ Is it my motor? Any help appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like the resistor might have crapped out again, if the motor works on high I'd think your issue is somewhere else but check that out too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You need to find out why you are popping resistors so frequently.

Either cheap replacements or bad connections somewhere would be my starting point guess....

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Also check the motor, If it's taking too much amperage to run, it will take out multiple resistors. Can also be high resistance be the connections at the motor, the resistor or the internal windings.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
100% what he said about the motor - a blower motor going bad is usually what takes out the resistor, because it's drawing too many amps. You replace the resistor and it runs a while longer, then croaks again. In high speed the resistor is not used; the power goes right through it. No fan speeds at all, especially no high speed, the problem is outside the resistor. The click you're hearing is the high speed fan relay. The motor or a connection somewhere will be the problem.

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Mine burned up the positive connector on the motor...... well actually the switch burned up first. The connector at the blower looked fine, at the time. Later when the switch started going again, I found the connector at the blower to be crispy.