blew my GM 10 bolt this weekend 14 bolt locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do like the power trax i had one in my old 91 yukon, just a lil expensive. I have heard of thr lunch box i just have no clue what it is.

Really? The lockright is pretty much the cheapest real locker out there, compared to 800 + bucks for and detriot, eaton e locker, arb, or ox locker and thats not including the installation prices if you dont know how to set gear tooth depth. And lunchbox locker just refers to the ability of the locker to be installed and removed in the stock carrier using stock parts, the stock carrier being the "lunchbox" and the drop in locker being your lunch that you can change.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really? The lockright is pretty much the cheapest real locker out there, compared to 800 + bucks for and detriot, eaton e locker, arb, or ox locker and thats not including the installation prices if you dont know how to set gear tooth depth. And lunchbox locker just refers to the ability of the locker to be installed and removed in the stock carrier using stock parts, the stock carrier being the "lunchbox" and the drop in locker being your lunch that you can change.

Yes it may be a lot cheaper then some of the other lockers on the market but i still dont have 500 to spend on a locker rite now. thats why i am going with trailer trash on this one and search around for a G80 at junk yards and craigslist. found a couple at various junk yards for about 200 for just the locker.
and thankyou for explaining the whole lunckbox thing.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd just put in open, and save up for a real locker. I've got the G80 in mine which is fine for me, as my truck sees 99% pavement... if you trail it at all I'd just upgrade it when you can do it right. $200 for a used carrier is absurd.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alrighty i figured out what I'm going to do with the 14 bolt. I'm going to hold off on getting a locker for her and just put that towards the 400 I'm building for her. I'm just ordered new diff cover, gasket, bolts, 5/8''x3 3/8''x14 1/2'' u-bolts and a new top plate to point the ubolts upword. going scale the whole thing POR15 it and redo all the brakes and call it a day. i noticed that the axle tubed are just pressed in would it do any to weld a couple beeds on it?