BIG BLUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought this truck as a father son project. it had a blown head gasket and just normal wear for its age. we rebuilt the whole top end with high quality parts. we went thru everything , stem to stern.. fluids, brakes, emmissions , fuel , cooling. this truck runs STRONG.. It origionally came with a 4.3 liter and automatic, but it was either retrofitted by the factory or someone else with the 5.2 V8 and a 5 speed manual.. the truck idles like a dream, doesnt smoke, and will pin u back in the seat in the first 3 gears.. NO rust on the frame or cab. steering is tight as a porsche.! we had the cylinder heads professionally worked, cylinders honed, there was very little lip a top of cylinders.
here is a short list of what was done, and replaced..
new cooling system,, water pump, hoses, radiator, heater box hoses, thermostat.
rebuilt cylinder heads, new valve stems, valve job, rebuilt tbi assembly
replaced IAC, TPS, MAP ,CTS,, checked EGR.
new fuel pump, and sending unit.
added new tachometer.
replaced rear brakes, checked and cleaned front brakes
replaced rear differential fluid
replaced bench seat
replaced sway arm bushings
replaced clutch slave cylinder line and rebuilt slave cylinder
replaced battery
replaced entire ignition system, distributor, wires, plugs ignition module, cap ,rotor
checked all bulbs and ensure all lights, blinkers ect.
replaced muffler pipe behind thrush muffler.
I have all reciepts for all parts and outside specialty labor
Im in central texas and im asking 5500.00 cash
this truck should need nothing but gas and oil for a long time.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have reciepts for all parts and outside labor.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
forgot to add, yes it is 4 wheel drive and it works, not many 4x4 with 5 speed manuals out there.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a RCSB 5 spd 4x4 same color blue. Glws. I wish you the best my friend.

Blue Mule

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I love the avatar in your profile picture
Wowww baby

Blue Mule

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats UFC fighter Paige van zandt.. hot and can kick some ass. Shes hotter than a 2 dollar pistol .. you should see the bikini pic ...

Last edited:

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a real good truck I hope you find the right buyer because at times when you put in a whole lot of money in a truck one can’t get it all back so much luck buddy.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
5500 is a good starting point asking price, for someone who knows abt these trucks,. the amount of hours we have into this truck is signifigant, and the money we paid for the high quality parts is alot too. these trucks are getting more valuable steadily. just as the old c10s are getting very collectible . if it takes a while to sell, its ok. If I cant get it sold, I dont mind keeping it either as I have 5 trucks , a van and a car. living in the country has its advantages.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
something else folks should realize, buying a 30 year old truck, your going to either have to fix, replace, clean, ect ALOT of stuff to get it to a high level of reliability and safety . things wear out over the years,. so do u want to do it yourself, or buy one thats done already. a little body work, a custom paint job and a lift kit would bring this truck to a whole new level of cool. I can swing a paint gun, so it may just happen. it will keep getting better, thats just my nature., ha
with alot new trucks going for 50 to 70 thousand dollars, especially if u live in the rust belt, this truck would be great . galvanized body, rust resistant. frame is cherry. dash is perfect, seat is clean and not ripped or worn. has hose out floor in cab. tilt steering, hell even cruise control ha.. super duty bumper and headache rack, 17 inch rims.. the truck doesnt drive like an old truck, it doesnt pull, sqeak, shimmy, shake, rattle or roll.. ha

Last edited: