Better, newer ABS swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of my many duties at work is that I am a defensive driving instructor. I was part of a team that developed a new training program that teaches ABS function as well as steering under ABS. We all know that the ABS on our trucks just blows. I am seriously considering adding a quality ABS system to our 93. I know that I can use the 96+ components to get front sensors and the tranny speed sensor will work for the rear. Most GM stuff will "play" together. So I am thinking maybe late model Camaro or Corvette?
Any thoughts?

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I'd imagine as long as the sensors send the same signal they would work with an ABS module that actually works, maybe you'd have to repin a couple connectors. I'm very interested in your findings if you end up doing something like this.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The little bit of research that I've done shows that making a newer ABS system a standalone system will be a bit of a challenge.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Maybe there are some standalone ABS kits?

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The little bit of research that I've done shows that making a newer ABS system a standalone system will be a bit of a challenge.

411 PCM (or LS) swap since it was in some gmt800s? it could probably run most ABS systems from early 2000s. Although I don't think the 411 swap is possible on a TBI.