Better handling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I know its not a sports car that is supposed to be nimble but I have been reading around and cant find anything for better handling with a stock suspension set up height wise.

What are some common mods or parts to get some better handling out of this old girl.
Truck is a 98 K1500 with the 5.7

Its the Z71 and does have the newer billsteins as I checked this past weekend when I was under it.

thanks for any pointers.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Have you ever rebuilt your suspension?

Replace all of the consumables, and you'd be surprised how well these trucks ride.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If it's rubber or plastic, replace it.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
But is there anything better than stock? Like upgraded control arms? stiffer sway bars? Rear sway bars? or is it just basically replace worn out parts to go back to factory ride?

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
But is there anything better than stock? Like upgraded control arms? stiffer sway bars? Rear sway bars? or is it just basically replace worn out parts to go back to factory ride?

Yes they do make stiffer (thicker) sway bars. Lmc truck sells them. Get some nice shocks, they make poly bushings for your control arms and everything. those would help too.

Sent from my 5.7 Vortec powered iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I just did my tie rods and pitman and idler arm and sway bar bushings and sway bar links and topped it off with the rough country steering stabilizer. steers and controls like a new truck now