Best way to make the 90-93 silverado grilles look good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to get my truck painted next month and it seems the 94+ grille is a bit more involved than I thought and quite frankly I am trying to do this on a budget. So I dunno if you guys could post pictures or what but of the 90-93 silverado grilles done up. Whether painted, chromed, cut and ect...I just wann see if its worth trying to make them look better. Its just going to cost a bit more to do the 94+ than I thought and I am not trying to spend 200 bucks or so on a front end if I do not have to.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Install a billet insert and color match the rest.
If you don't want to do billet, paint the grille openings black and color match the rest.
Add some nice, clear headlights and parking lights. Maybe some clear sidemarkers or color match them.

This one belongs to a friend of mine. I've always loved the look.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
^ What he said.

It's not bad in stock form with a billet bowtie, and some nice lights. Kind of a timeless look.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how is the front grille swap that expensive?

you just need the grille, the filler, and 2 inner bumper brackets. Maybe the lower lights.

I got my 88, which is when the grille started 88-93 style, billet in it, left it chrome, put in chrome/euro headlights, parklights and markers.

only lights I got in now are the parklights though.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how is the front grille swap that expensive?

you just need the grille, the filler, and 2 inner bumper brackets. Maybe the lower lights.

I got my 88, which is when the grille started 88-93 style, billet in it, left it chrome, put in chrome/euro headlights, parklights and markers.

only lights I got in now are the parklights though.

I cant find any grille s in my area that are reasonable in price. The only local junkyard had one for 125 bucks! It was still broken in the lower portion, they wouldnt budge. I want the new front grille, but even getting just the shell of ebay is about 100 bucks.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I cant find any grille s in my area that are reasonable in price. The only local junkyard had one for 125 bucks! It was still broken in the lower portion, they wouldnt budge. I want the new front grille, but even getting just the shell of ebay is about 100 bucks.

That's insane! The nearest junkyard to my house has ANY and EVERY grille at $25. I even found a '94 GMC grille but i didnt have the cash at the time, as i was there with my dad looking at a Porsche 914. I finally decided to simply color match my '92 grille.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
agreed way too much, check with lmc? or jcwhitney, even rockauto.com they should be cheaper.

maybe not lmc or classicpartsofamerica, but rockauto should be or maybe amazon.

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
agreed way too much, check with lmc? or jcwhitney, even rockauto.com they should be cheaper.

maybe not lmc or classicpartsofamerica, but rockauto should be or maybe amazon.

Im going to check rockauto right now. What is the filler panel ppl talk about with the 94+ grilles? And inner bumper bolts or brackets that need to be changed?

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn just checked, 40 bucks! Thank you very much! Thats more like lt! Still interested in the other stuff you need for the swap.