Best oil additive 6.5 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s everyone using in there 6.5 diesel?
Ive tried rev x and it helped with cold starts, has anyone tried archoil or hot shots secrets oil additive

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is prompting you to needing to use additive? These engines are not going to be quiet like a newer diesel when cold. Mine sounds like a bunch of rocks in a tin can when I start it up when its below 30 out for the first 30-60 seconds.
I don't use any additives in my oil. I don't remember the brand of oil but Im running 10w30 for my oil. It is a synthetic oil that I use in the ****** engines at work. I know Rotella makes it and I believe Mobil makes it in that weight and type. You just have to make sure that it is for diesel engines.

The only thing I use additive in is my fuel due to ULSD. If your not using any thing in your fuel I would suggest you should. The injection pumps these trucks have where not designed for ULSD so it doesnt get the lube from the fuel like they did when they where built new. Id rather pay 8-10 dollars for a container of additive that lasts 2-3 tanks then take the chance of destroying a 800-1000 dollar pump prematurely.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were dealing with Hot Shots Secrets, I'd be more interested in their aspwipe oil filter.

Actually, I did buy some replacement parts from them for my older azzwipe filters. Seem like good people.

I have a Frantz askwipe oil filter on my boat (454) and my K1500 (350); someday the K2500 will get one--I have the part, but haven't worked-up the ambition to install it. There's also on on my solvent tank.