Best luggy 285/75/16 tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
i paid 730 for my dakotas but i mounted and balanced my self

It was 920, but they also charged me 75 to remove the locks on the wheels because they couldnt find the key. i told them it was in the cup holder. they couldnt find it, but sure enought when i got in there it was. Ah well.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use that size on my tow rig with Good year wrangler Duratracs. The Duratracs are the best all terrain tire I have ever used. And they wear like iron. They were 1000 bucks for all four mounted and ballanced from town fair tire. Excellent tires in mud, unreal in snow, and pretty quiet for how aggressive they are.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Definity Dakota M/Ts work very well and I got them at Pepboys installed an balanced with warranty for 920.

i paid 730 for my dakotas but i mounted and balanced my self

I can't wait to get them off my truck... but they are shot and were LONG before I bought the Blazer. I'm going for Falken Wildpeak A/T... but I'm not looking for mud tires, my use is 90% street 10% beach... with a few little snow storms over the winters.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
There aren't too many aggressive tires that are quiet. Your best be is a tire like the Goodyear dura trac. Something that is an aggressive all terrain. Any big lug will have a hum to it

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do believe im going to go with the Duratracs! Just a little mad i cant get white lettering on the 285/75/R16 tires!

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love my duratracs. Quiet, and wear slow. And i have white letters? lol

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
My Definity Dakota M/Ts work very well and I got them at Pepboys installed an balanced with warranty for 920.

That answers my question. I swung into Pep Boys to pick up a brake switch for my wife's Jeep yesterday and saw them there. They looked like a nice tire, resonably priced, just wasn't sure of their quality. Thanks.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love my duratracs. Quiet, and wear slow. And i have white letters? lol

Tirerack doesnt have 285/75/16 tires with the white letters. Im going to keep looking because i really want the white lettering

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
That answers my question. I swung into Pep Boys to pick up a brake switch for my wife's Jeep yesterday and saw them there. They looked like a nice tire, resonably priced, just wasn't sure of their quality. Thanks.

Yea, I had the Kelly Safaris when I first got the truck went mudding and got stuck, 2 days later my tires were slashed. I got the Dakota M/T's and went back to the same place, didn't get stuck. Even went through the same ruts. lol

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I also would recommend the Courser C/T or M/T

I have the Courser A/T 2 (less agressive) but the tread life is amazing and they are super quiet and don't throw rocks on my paint.