Best luggy 285/75/16 tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
well Im bias because I work part time at tire barn and really like the look of the cooper ltz. note to self pep boy doesn't do everything for less!!! at the barn mount balance and valve stem are all free with purchase of the tire. and a 3 year road hazard warranty is around 15% of the tires cost.
75.00 to remove locking lugs!!!. how many 32? damn thats pricey.

sorry not trying to bash anyone but those prices just seem a little high from where I'm from.

best of luck guys
4 Locking Lugs, 75$ because they have to grind them flat and put a socket on em. I know they stiffed me on that one but stuff happens. Lol Can't really complain when I didn't personally hand them the key.

Tire Barn? Never heard of it, gotta check it out I guess.

EDIT: No wonder I haven't heard of them, closest location is in Johnson City!! 900Miles?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Vortec Lover, I do try to use the 4WD atleast once a month, But because of the rebuild last year, the truck kind of sat from May to November when I started driving it again. The shifter was a little stiff, but a quick shot of grease and I worked it free.

LoudnLifted, Thats good to know, I currently run a set of Winterforce for the winter, but they are pretty well worn. My rims are so rusty that I need to set the tire pressures weekly. I want to turn my summer rims into the winter ones, and then buy a new set of rims and tires for the summer trail season.

2000CCSB, I'm quite bias myself. I work at an independant repair shop, so I can mount and balance them for free after work. And Pep Boys isn't the cheapest, Although the quality of some of their parts is. I normally stay away from them, it was just I needed a part and they are on my way home.

oh and Blazed, we actually got 4" of snow! I was pretty amazed, LOL!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I'd take another vote for the Kelly Safari TSRs. I'm running 265s now and they are excellent in snow and ice.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
I'd take another vote for the Kelly Safari TSRs. I'm running 265s now and they are excellent in snow and ice.

I agree, they are decent in snow and ice. But horrible in mud. Which this gentleman is asking about for the most part.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
IMO, the rubber they are made with is too hard. Felt like a Tractor tire. I love my Dakota's. However, I'm switching to Cepek M/T's when I get my 20" Hostages. Unless I come across another 37" Military tire deal.