Best luggy 285/75/16 tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_blood

Reaction score
I've had really good luck with the dick cepek mud countrys, great on road and good offroad. Both were right around $1000 Canadian for 285's.

Kelly Safar TSR
You must be registered for see images

I have these right now. I love them. Pretty decent off road, good on highway, and they do suprisingly good in the snow and ice. They are a little noisy when compared to a street tire but that is to be expected. Plus they look good too. Bonus

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tirerack doesnt have 285/75/16 tires with the white letters. Im going to keep looking because i really want the white lettering

why, white outlined is for the birds, only way i would run white out anymore is solid lettering

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Yea, I had the Kelly Safaris when I first got the truck went mudding and got stuck, 2 days later my tires were slashed. I got the Dakota M/T's and went back to the same place, didn't get stuck. Even went through the same ruts. lol

Good to know, I don't get into deep mud often, but, I wanted to get something that will make it up the trails when their wet and sloppy

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Good to know, I don't get into deep mud often, but, I wanted to get something that will make it up the trails when their wet and sloppy

They also do great in snow, and I see you got a few feet headed your way. Be prepared! lol

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Yeah, so they say. Of course they have been saying that since Christmas and we haven't gotten more than 3". I haven't even put the truck in 4WD yet this year, Other than in December to make sure it still worked, LOL!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Yeah, so they say. Of course they have been saying that since Christmas and we haven't gotten more than 3". I haven't even put the truck in 4WD yet this year, Other than in December to make sure it still worked, LOL!

yeah, do it once in a while to keep it fresh. If you don't it might not work when you need it. I click mine on at least once a month, just to make sure everything is still working.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell... nothing in my 4wd system is electronic anymore. My actuator went out so I replaced it with a Posi-lok and haven't had to worry about it since. Works like a charm whenever I need it and I have a 2-low now. :headbang:

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score

i can plow in 2wd if i want to with the dakotas ive done it before not meaning to lol they bite nice in the snow just have to keep up with rotation mine are starting to cup a little but ive also been hauling alot lately

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
well Im bias because I work part time at tire barn and really like the look of the cooper ltz. note to self pep boy doesn't do everything for less!!! at the barn mount balance and valve stem are all free with purchase of the tire. and a 3 year road hazard warranty is around 15% of the tires cost.
75.00 to remove locking lugs!!!. how many 32? damn thats pricey.

sorry not trying to bash anyone but those prices just seem a little high from where I'm from.

best of luck guys