Best lowering option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering about the best way to lower our trucks? I don't want anything too low just a nice stance. its a 88 silverado I uploaded a photo. Any suggestions I appreciate on what kits are the best

Attachments

• 20220809_124655.jpg
    20220809_124655.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 27

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That depends on how low you want to go.

For 2wd, the front gets new knuckles, or a combination of knuckles and springs/shocks.

2wd or 4wd for the rear, there are shackles, or forward hangers and shackles, or an axle flip/c-notch and different length shocks at every height change...

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For a "just nice stance" that's not too low, a 2/4 drop is probably what you want. Depends on what you want to spend, best way is 2" spindles and 4" shackle and hanger kit. That way you keep the front springs for a better ride. Should get the appropriate shocks as well. What wheels do you want to run? If they are the stock 15", you will have to trim the A-arms to clear.

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a "just nice stance" that's not too low, a 2/4 drop is probably what you want. Depends on what you want to spend, best way is 2" spindles and 4" shackle and hanger kit. That way you keep the front springs for a better ride. Should get the appropriate shocks as well. What wheels do you want to run? If they are the stock 15", you will have to trim the A-arms to clear.
Yeah I want to run the rallys. Is there a way to do it without trimming ?

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lowered my Malibu with spindles and needed spacers because the wheels hit the tie rod when full turned. Was just wanting something that worked without any trimming etc

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you go spacers with a spindle that pushes the wheel out anyway (looking at you Belltech) that would probably create fender rubbing. If you are set on rally's, there are aftermarket options for 17" wheels. But I "assume " you wanna keep stock for budget purposes, just trim the arms. Guys/girls have been doing it for what, 30yrs now. Just don't go crazy. Never heard of anyone having a catastrophic failure from doing it.

Last edited:

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I did coils up front n hangers/shackles out back. Came out to 3 4 drop cuz I didn't use the rubber spacers that came with springs.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

It settled a Lil so looks better especially in the rear. Rides pretty good n handles good too. I had to go with 20s though cuz I've been after the look for years. Just had to wait to find a black truck cuz I'm picky.

Dylan88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score