Best cold air intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably a UNI, I know plenty who run those with no issues. But the K&N with Atv’s are a bad idea, as you probably know. :Stupid Me:

It is a K&N, but I have a foam pre-filter that fits over the top of it.

What was the concern with them on ATVs? Not sure I've heard that one.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Polaris forum I’m on it’s pretty much universally agreed that K&N are bad. Heard many horror stories of them wrecking motors. What Atv do you have?
Is it like a UNI filter that sits over it? Never heard of anyone doing that on a K&N.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t use the re usable filters personally. Here’s a cold air intake setup for a TBI. A turbo or supercharger, intercooler, plumbed into this. Extra injectors spray when the boost hits. I likely won’t use it but for $30 I couldn’t pass it up.

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpeg
    IMG_4226.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 16

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What Atv do you have?

Ancient '87 Suzuki LT230E QuadRunner. Doesn't get used much these days as I kind of outgrew it, but I keep it around because it's too much fun to get rid of. :lol:

Is it like a UNI filter that sits over it? Never heard of anyone doing that on a K&N.

Actually now that I think about it maybe it's more of a fabric than a foam. I haven't actually had the filter out in way too long... I'll probably replace it with a UNI or maybe OEM.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I have the volant 15957 on order. Hopefully it fits right. Not sure why, but then picture on Amazon shows a different year vehicle.

Are theses somewhat universal?

You guys totally talked me into too lol. I kid you not, I bought and returned it twice before reading some of the posts here about them being discontinued and how people wished they'd jumped on them lol.

Finally FINALLY caved.

Last edited:

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m tempted to get one for my TBI. Can’t decide.
The closed box design is what really sold me man. The stock setup is actually a good one. Just the tubing and filter could be improved.

Enter the volant.

Do it!