Best brand thermostat for 93 350?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
My thermostat is seriously sloppy and lazy. On start up, I've seen it occasionally stay closed until 210-215, then it opens and dumps down to about 150, then it creeps back up, and does it again, usually swinging between 160 and 205... It's ludicrous.

So...

whatcha run in yours, brandwise?

I'm going with either a 192 or 195 degree t-stat, btw.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I've used duralast brands and allsafes or whatever they are. Never had any issue.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with them. My 94 has 180 in it and it opens and stays right at 180. my big one with a stock one in it will rise to 210 sometimes 220 then pop open and ocasionally do the same thing. But i don't care haha, my efans cool the sucker down instantaniously

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
I think I'm going to try an AC Delco in it. That's what the GM dealership carries.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've needed some info. on this too.

When I put the whipple on, they recommended a 180*, so I got a Mr. Gasket one. I think it was stuck open from the beginning. So I put my old 190* back in, but the truck had an air bubble, so it got up to 220, then it dropped down to 150 or so, and I think the thermostat is stuck open. So I just picked up a Murray brand one, but if this one doesn't work either, I'll try one of the ones you guys recommended.

I also think I should go with one that isn't a failsafe thermostat. Seems like a stupid concept, once they open all the way, they stay that way, so you HAVE to replace them. Who thought that was a good idea? Anyways, that's my rant for the day.