Best brand thermostat for 93 350?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've needed some info. on this too.

When I put the whipple on, they recommended a 180*, so I got a Mr. Gasket one. I think it was stuck open from the beginning. So I put my old 190* back in, but the truck had an air bubble, so it got up to 220, then it dropped down to 150 or so, and I think the thermostat is stuck open. So I just picked up a Murray brand one, but if this one doesn't work either, I'll try one of the ones you guys recommended.

I also think I should go with one that isn't a failsafe thermostat. Seems like a stupid concept, once they open all the way, they stay that way, so you HAVE to replace them. Who thought that was a good idea? Anyways, that's my rant for the day.

I also used the 180 Mr Gasket one on my truck and it ran ice cold so I swapped it out to the one from JET. For a bone stock truck I would run on from STANT.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Yep! The delco one is working much better than the one I had in it. No more stupid lazy swings. On warmup, it hits 205 or so, and settles down to 195 and pretty much stays there. Much better!