Best black 5x7 LED headlights for W/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I understand. I'm on a very limited budget, so I figured this might work to improve the lighting, as I couldn't see worth anything using the factory lights (not to mention that the glass fell off the original as soon as I removed the retaining ring).

Reaction score
The TruckLite/JW Speaker/GE options we're talking about were designed from the ground up to use LEDs and will be much better in every way and less irritating to other drivers.

Were you referring to the projector when you said they were designed for LEDs? Is there a problem with putting LEDs into "plug and play" housings? I'm a little confused.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Were you referring to the projector when you said they were designed for LEDs? Is there a problem with putting LEDs into "plug and play" housings? I'm a little confused.

Here's the quick breakdown. Any reflector housing designed for a halogen bulb should be used with a halogen bulb. Halogen bulbs have a filament which throws light basically 360 degrees perfectly into the housings. The drop-in "plug and play" LEDs are multi-sided diodes that will never throw light the exact same way a bulb with a filament will. You're going to get glare and hot-spots that wouldn't occur using a halogen bulb in the same housings.

The TruckLite/GE/JW Speaker LED housings were designed for proper light distribution with specific LEDs, and they are not replaceable. If the LED dies (it won't they source good ones) you buy another housing. They don't want you messing around with them because they spent a ton of time and money engineering them to work properly and conform to safety specifications.