Ball Joints Brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello fellow readers. I was writing this topic because I'm not sure if everyone knows this info. So upon looking for balljoints and sway bar bushings. I ended up finding out that moog is made by precision chassis which is sold by oreillyauto. And upon doing more research they also make mevotech. So basically precision makes all there products. Including bushings- ball joints- control arms ect. They even use the same part numbers. Moog parts at the auto part stores are super expensive compared to buying on rockauto or other sites. You can buy precision which is the same part is every way. I like there boots better than others remind of the ttx line on mevotech. And you can easily warranty the precision parts because there readily available unlike moog or mevotech

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That part number is typical for many different brands for our trucks, so that means nothing. Post a link where you found Precision the manufacturer for Moog and Mevotech.

Attachments

• IMG_6320.jpeg
    IMG_6320.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6319.jpeg
    IMG_6319.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6317.jpeg
    IMG_6317.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6316.jpeg
    IMG_6316.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6315.jpeg
    IMG_6315.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 4

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That part number is typical for many different brands for our trucks, so that means nothing. Post a link where you found Precision the manufacturer for Moog and Mevotech.
You must be registered for see images attach

That mevotech one you put a picture of is literally this one

These lower ones are also the same. All I did was google it.

There all manufacturer by the same company. This is why they also look identical to the tee.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read something that said Mevotech is the supplier to Oreilley’s and then rebranded as Precision.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

That mevotech one you put a picture of is literally this one

These lower ones are also the same. All I did was google it.

There all manufacturer by the same company. This is why they also look identical to the tee.
That's an AI response and is highly questionable. Based on what "facts" you'll never know.

Common part #'s are prevalent throughout the auto parts industry. A great example of that would be brake pads.

Richard

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's an AI response and is highly questionable. Based on what "facts" you'll never know.

Common part #'s are prevalent throughout the auto parts industry. A great example of that would be brake pads.

Richard
That may be true but just look at them. They are indeed the same.. and the reason I went down this rabit hole is because I've been using ac delco and moog for everything but I've noticed they haven't been lasting long at all. I used moog bushing for both my upper and lower control arms and after 6 months they are already cracked. And I don't even use my truck that much just from work to home. My ac delco tie rods ends also went to **** in less than 1 year. At least now with the precision they are lifetime warranty and they always have those I don't have no worry about not finding them or searching multiple stores. Moog is almost never in stores and is over priced 1 moog ball joint was 80 dollars. My moog sway bar bushing have the same stamp from manufacturing as the percision I just put on.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you feel that Precision, Moog and Mevotech are all the same AND they fail within a year, why keep using any one of them? Lot of wasted time removing and installing those parts.
My Mevotech TTX are still rock solid almost 2 years later.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That may be true but just look at them. They are indeed the same.. and the reason I went down this rabit hole is because I've been using ac delco and moog for everything but I've noticed they haven't been lasting long at all. I used moog bushing for both my upper and lower control arms and after 6 months they are already cracked. And I don't even use my truck that much just from work to home. My ac delco tie rods ends also went to **** in less than 1 year. At least now with the precision they are lifetime warranty and they always have those I don't have no worry about not finding them or searching multiple stores. Moog is almost never in stores and is over priced 1 moog ball joint was 80 dollars. My moog sway bar bushing have the same stamp from manufacturing as the percision I just put on.
So you were buying the cheap shyt, and now buying lifetime grade. Almost all suppliers, even AC Delco offer different lines at different price points. This sounds more like a lesson in buy the better parts than anything else.

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember "Precision" brand U-joints (alternative to Dana-Spicer or MOOG)
Dunno if Precision U-joints still marketed; nor who any parent may be.
I probably still have an older Precision U-joint catalog somewhere.