Balencing tires..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so i got my new rims and tires on and i was wondering if anybody uses Equal balencing sand in their tires? The tire shop in town says they dont balence tires anymore, they just put a 6oz packet of the sand in... I used it and it seems to work quite well, but i dont know if the wheels and tires were off balence at all or not..
What are youre opinions on balencing sand?

Heres my truck with rims and tires!
You must be registered for see images attach

and after
You must be registered for see images attach

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Neither did I until today... It's this sand that comes in a 6 ounce bag that you cut open and put the bag and all in the tire. It actually works. I was surprised. I assume when the tire shakes it moves the sand around until the tire stops shaking. Doesn't even shake or vibrate anymore so I am more than pleased with it! But I've only had it for less than a day and 15 miles so far..

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The guy said they use them on any vehicles with bigger tires. He said if i had them balenced there that is what they would use. At 30-35 its a little shakey but it evens out after like 6 seconds drivning.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You can use golf balls or BB's. or you can buy actual dynabeads.

Edit: my Toyos didn't balance out evenly... But the shake less than my 285 BFG on my 97. I love the toyos!! I'm hooked and will only buy Toyo tires from now on!!!

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use golf balls or BB's. or you can buy actual dynabeads.

Edit: my Toyos didn't balance out evenly... But the shake less than my 285 BFG on my 97. I love the toyos!! I'm hooked and will only buy Toyo tires from now on!!!

So far i am really liking the goodyears! Although i havent gotten into any mud or snow yet... Thatll probably happen this weekend! I cant wait to see how they do!

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never had an issue with actually putting larger tires on a balancing machine and getting them balanced. Only if they are out of round will you ever have an issue. Unless the person balancing them doesnt know what they are doing or they are lazy. We usually only put balancing beads in super swampers or very large tires.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never had an issue with actually putting larger tires on a balancing machine and getting them balanced. Only if they are out of round will you ever have an issue. Unless the person balancing them doesnt know what they are doing or they are lazy. We usually only put balancing beads in super swampers or very large tires.

This guy assured me that it will be just fine and so far i havent had a problem. He said the size i got, 33x12.50s are the size they start using sand. Hopefully the sand will keep doing its job! :D