Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think lowboys stuff is setup only for semi wheels with adapters so if your planning on stock or stock size wheels I don't think they will work. Definitely check with them though.

I just prefer a tubular arm over the plate style that mmw does. Im sure they are fine but the tube arms just look better and stronger to me.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think lowboys stuff is setup only for semi wheels with adapters so if your planning on stock or stock size wheels I don't think they will work. Definitely check with them though.

I just prefer a tubular arm over the plate style that mmw does. Im sure they are fine but the tube arms just look better and stronger to me.
I think nfamous makes tubular arms
Bag and body this thing already!!! :Big Laugh: :Big Laugh:
Haha, I'm working on it, I swear.
The planning part is a bit important.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I reached out they tell me it will work.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
The issue with the control arms and stock sized wheels is geometry, if you take the giant hub spacer off, then extend the arms about half that, you need some kind of wheel to arm clearance since you’ve moved the pivot point outwards and taken off a ton of offset effectively.

stock they swing on an arc with the pivot near rear face of wheel so no contact is possible. , not pivot inside the wheel.
I merely wish someone made truck rated tires in 265/35/22 Which is the stock tire OD… that’s the only issue I’ve had. And needing a 450+ lbft capable impact for the wheel to adapter Nuts. Gotta have th3 big big boy oooga oooga to take em off.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The issue with the control arms and stock sized wheels is geometry, if you take the giant hub spacer off, then extend the arms about half that, you need some kind of wheel to arm clearance since you’ve moved the pivot point outwards and taken off a ton of offset effectively.

stock they swing on an arc with the pivot near rear face of wheel so no contact is possible. , not pivot inside the wheel.
I merely wish someone made truck rated tires in 265/35/22 Which is the stock tire OD… that’s the only issue I’ve had. And needing a 450+ lbft capable impact for the wheel to adapter Nuts. Gotta have th3 big big boy oooga oooga to take em off.
So are you saying that I am potentially facing clearance issues running a stock size rim?

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Yes. looking at my 22” compared to a 17” dually rim I have on hand, I wouldn’t run extended arms and 3/4 ton rotors with the later.

itd be 3” closer per side than the 22”.

I’ll see if I can measure the clearance tomorrow to the stock arms on the 22.

Last edited:

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. looking at my 22” compared to a 17” dually rim I have on hand, I wouldn’t run extended arms and 3/4 ton rotors with the later.

itd be 3” closer per side than the 22”.

I’ll see if I can measure the clearance tomorrow to the stock arms on the 22.
Thank you, this is helpful information.