Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall I am going for a nice ride.
Lot of good info here. Bag over axle rides rougher, but gives more lifting and hauling capacity. Bag on bar rides better.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing, when looking up items for a 99 it usually lumps it in with 99-06 even though it has the look of an obs. Is there alot that isn't compatible from the 90s with a 99?
99/00 crew cab duallys are GMT 400 (OBS) trucks. Nothing from the 99+ trucks will bolt on.
Order stuff for a 98. With the exception of the short bed option, they're identical.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am piecing components together and this is what I have come up with so far.

4 slam specialties re7 bags
2 viair 485 compressors
8 smc ⅜ valves
2 5 gallon tanks
3 inch drop spindles

For the front I will be getting some control arms, just not sure if I will need to get the ¾ conversion arms or stick with custom 1 ton arms from either Michigan metal works or nfamous. I plan, for now anyway to run smaller wheels with larger tires, 16 or 17 in with a 60 sidewall tire.

The rear I am thinking a wishbone and lower bar setup with a watts link, mounting the bags on the bar just in front of the axel.

Any thoughts or suggestions, or does it seem like I'm on the right path.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're on the right track.
I still think 1/2" valves are better for a truck this heavy, you can slow them down if you need to.
@bluex has recommended Lowboy Motorsports arms over mmw, so you may consider those instead. He's in the business.
I'd go RE8 on the front, I'll be replacing mine with those soon.
Bag on bar will ride nice.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you're on the right track.
I still think 1/2" valves are better for a truck this heavy, you can slow them down if you need to.
@bluex has recommended Lowboy Motorsports arms over mmw, so you may consider those instead. He's in the business.
I'd go RE8 on the front, I'll be replacing mine with those soon.
Bag on bar will ride nice.
Re8 in front, 7s be fine in the back then I assume?