Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Especially since everything is already difficult to get even with the taper in the rear of the frame and the off center diff.

Thanks for the kind words.
As many of these trucks are getting dropped, seems like an OBS-essed fabricator needs to step up and light that torch.....

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess it would be both. The sway bar would be connecting the central pivot of each cantilever and would be effective as a sway bar without having any additional links. I’ve never tried anything like that myself but I have had the idea and planned to test it one day.
I don't know if I can visualize what you mean here

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the best image but the two pivot points of the cantilevers are circled in red and the blue would be a torsion bar linking these two pivot points. This can be done with the right piece of spring steel tube or any straight torsion bar like I sent in a previous post. you would have a sway bar(if you want one) without having any additional linkage to the axle.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
So far as prototyping, someone could take the USA -1 monster truck kit, and fab something up with it to see what works best. Styrene plastic is a lot easier to fabricate with than steel!
I suggest this kit because it's been available since the early 90s annual kits but is still a long bed. IIRC (not looking at one at the moment, not at home) it has the stock half ton components in it , besides the monster truck suspension.
I've got some experimentation going on, with the vintage kits and new ones, to make a 1/25 scale Rawhide. It'll take some fabrication and a fair bit of scratch building, but if it works out, I might be able to make limited production conversion pieces for the 400s AMT forgot to make....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
The vintage and new dually kits are all curbside, so the 14 bolt is there, it's just all molded as one piece including the leaf springs, driveshaft and exhaust system.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the best image but the two pivot points of the cantilevers are circled in red and the blue would be a torsion bar linking these two pivot points. This can be done with the right piece of spring steel tube or any straight torsion bar like I sent in a previous post. you would have a sway bar(if you want one) without having any additional linkage to the axle.
That’s a really cool idea. Sway-a-way has custom order torsion bars and splined collars too.