Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The height of the bags collapsed will determine how low the truck is when it's aired out, make sure that's in line with your expectations.
You're doing great work, keep after it!
Thank you, I am taking that into effect, collapsed height should be 2.9 inches that should put it in the dirt. Assuming I've done it right.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This morning's progress.
Figured out where the cantilever arms will land on the axle bridge so I made some tabs and have them tacked in place and made up the links that will connect the arms to the axle.
Even the little things feel like big progress as we get closer to having everything come together.

As always thanks for following along and all of the advice everyone has offered up.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re making good progress. Will the cantilever arms be a 1:1 ratio? I’ve been thinking, what if you ran a piece of sway bar between the 2 cantilever arms at the pivot point. I assume they are perfectly parallel. Then you could have a sway bar with no extra links what so ever. Not sure if you wanted a sway bar but just throwing the idea out there.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.png
    IMG_1549.png
    322.8 KB · Views: 2

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
After seeing his plating skills on the wishbone. I'm confident we'll see some nice work on that bridge.

Edit: I wish somebody made a wishbone bracket, that mounted to the diff cover bolts, like they did for the S10s. Would make linking these trucks a whole lot easier.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After seeing his plating skills on the wishbone. I'm confident we'll see some nice work on that bridge.

Edit: I wish somebody made a wishbone bracket, that mounted to the diff cover bolts, like they did for the S10s. Would make linking these trucks a whole lot easier.
Especially since everything is already difficult to get even with the taper in the rear of the frame and the off center diff.

Thanks for the kind words.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You’re making good progress. Will the cantilever arms be a 1:1 ratio? I’ve been thinking, what if you ran a piece of sway bar between the 2 cantilever arms at the pivot point. I assume they are perfectly parallel. Then you could have a sway bar with no extra links what so ever. Not sure if you wanted a sway bar but just throwing the idea out there.
A sway bar connecting the two cantilever arms together, or acting as the central pivot?
I think I'm going to do a 1½:1 ratio, but truth be told I'm pretty much winging it so it could end up being 1:1

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A sway bar connecting the two cantilever arms together, or acting as the central pivot?
I guess it would be both. The sway bar would be connecting the central pivot of each cantilever and would be effective as a sway bar without having any additional links. I’ve never tried anything like that myself but I have had the idea and planned to test it one day.