Baer brakes and hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have on my 1998 K1500 Suburban a aftermarket Baer 14 inch brake rotors and Baer 2 piston calipers. I have a wheel bearing going so I thought I would change the assembly, pretty easy with the right tools. So, I go down get the hub assembly, bolt it on and the Baer brake rotor will not go over the plate with the lug nuts. The hub on the rotor is small. Seems like the hub was cut down to accommodate the Baer brake rotor. I have to change this wheel bearing assembly and am stuck. I bought this truck from a guy that works at the Miami University in Ohio and can't get in touch with him to find the original owner to find out what was done to this truck. The spindles seem to be different as well as they will not longer accommodate stock calipers.
Any suggestions anyone? Thanks for all you all do on here.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find some spindles for this truck? I need drivers and passenger side, the one's on here are very different or modified and will not accept the original calipers. I need to go back to O.E., will make my life easier.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if maybe you don't have GMT800 or 900 spindles and stuff on there, and a Baer kit made for that?
That is possible, the issue is the inner hub of the rotor will not fit over the plate with the lug nuts in it.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is possible, the issue is the inner hub of the rotor will not fit over the plate with the lug nuts in it.

Do you have the proper hub assembly, given that the other parts seem to be from a different vehicle?

Stating it differently: Are you using / have you tried a replacement hub assembly for the vehicle which sourced the rest of the parts, e.g., GMT800/900/TBD?

Just checking RockAuto, the specs listed there show the GMT800 has a different diameter wheel pilot on the front wheel bearing assemblies, compared to the GMT400, e.g.,

- MOOG 515024 (GMT400)
Wheel Pilot Diameter (MM)77.600

- TIMKEN SP500300 (GMT800)
Wheel Pilot Dia (MM)77.810

Last edited: