BADASS REAR WINDOW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When I worked a Street Beat in Phoenix we tried to buy the tooling to refine the kit & continue making them, they wouldn't go for it.

So you've seen these? Actually installed one? If so, would it be possible for you to submit a quick sketch? Any thing you could remember off the top of your head. I am SO interested!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Now I'm gonna throw a wrench in the works! When you guys that have done your headliners, have you noticed the two bumps at the top rear of the metal roof? If I can remember rightly, they are about 8" towards the inside outer edges of the window, on the roof itself. I've been thinking that that would be a good place to mount a couple of sunroof hinges. With some holes drilled into the glass, (glass shops can do this) & mounted to the hinges, a couple of holes in the bottom of the glass could be used for mounting a sunroof lock mechanism. Maybe/probably two would be required. Around the body opening for the rear window, a 'bulb seal' with the 'pinch-on' vinyl covered grip could be used for the window seal. (I can get this in bulk rolls) Now, the window would open at the bottom a couple of inches, or removed totally, temporarily, when you feel like it. The headliner would have to be slightly modified to go around the hinges. Just thinking out loud.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you've seen these? Actually installed one? If so, would it be possible for you to submit a quick sketch? Any thing you could remember off the top of your head. I am SO interested!
Nope, only saw pics, (and not good ones). We used to get calls for them, after a while we said lets bring them back and start making them, but CRL wouldn't sell us anything, not even a broken kit. IIRC this was back in 95 or 96 so I'd guess they stopped selling them around 93 or 94. CRL had a lot of problems with them, we didn't care, if we were installing them we could make it work right.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
a lot of problems with them, we didn't care, if we were installing them we could make it work right.

I don't care, either! I think that I could work with improving the design flaws if I had one to look at/work with. Hmmm. Off to wreckers to look at some of the new trucks that have 'em.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Why not get the whole assembly out of a k5 and make it work in your truck. Your gonna have to probably pull the rear inner wall of the cab in a couple of inches to allow room for the motor, brackets, and the window to come down into.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now I'm gonna throw a wrench in the works! When you guys that have done your headliners, have you noticed the two bumps at the top rear of the metal roof? If I can remember rightly, they are about 8" towards the inside outer edges of the window, on the roof itself. I've been thinking that that would be a good place to mount a couple of sunroof hinges. With some holes drilled into the glass, (glass shops can do this) & mounted to the hinges, a couple of holes in the bottom of the glass could be used for mounting a sunroof lock mechanism. Maybe/probably two would be required. Around the body opening for the rear window, a 'bulb seal' with the 'pinch-on' vinyl covered grip could be used for the window seal. (I can get this in bulk rolls) Now, the window would open at the bottom a couple of inches, or removed totally, temporarily, when you feel like it. The headliner would have to be slightly modified to go around the hinges. Just thinking out loud.
Too bad this company's gone..
You must be registered for see images