aztec needles in a 93 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
what other needles work besides the aztec/grand prix needles?

Several. So far Ive used ones from GMT900s and a late 90s Explorer. Ive test fitted ones from an early 00s Grand Cherokee as well and they went on, but those like to break off of their bases. Ive pulled a ton but like a dummy didnt think to keep track of what they all came from

Sent from the Rat powered LG

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
How about a simple solution? Epoxy the holes and drill to the correct size.

^^^ This was going to be my suggestion. Dont glue to the motor, glue in the hole and take a small safety pin or such and make a new one. Worth a shot. I love my Aztek needles, except I got mine from a Grand Prix, which have small tabs on the back. I cut a groove in the cluster so I dont have the droopy needles like alot of people get.

You must be registered for see images attach

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Epoxy and drilling wont work since the gauge motor pins arent the right size...

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I guess Im not getting what youre saying. The motor pins are too small for later needles. Are you saying to make shims for the motor pins?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, I am saying completely fill the holes with the epoxy so there is no longer a hole in the middle of the new needle whatsoever. Then drill the epoxy to the size of the shaft on the older gauge motors.