Ash tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season worst in 20yrs F!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was having plumbing issues, Not me, my house, and I am trying to catch up. When did the ashtray problem deviate to PIE, That was Kimbles Green Acres (not sure I spelt it right) game.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Took the ashtray out to look at it. Definitely looks like a spring goes in it. Eventually, I’ll be headed to the salvage yard to get one out of a junk truck.
Sorry for the thread derail.. I blame that dude with the Cadillac front on his dually. :D Been a while since I had an ashtray out and I've worked on a bunch of different stuff since, but it's probably a V-shaped spring with a small coil at the point; typical ashtray spring arrangement. Don't quote me on it if I'm wrong though. I can't honestly remember ever having one of these ashtrays lose the spring.

Is it just me, or does it look like both low and high beam headlights are on in that brochure picture? Factory 4-Hi mod? :lol:
Those artists and the liberties they take in the name of marketing. :D

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What's different between 88-89 and 90-94 inside?
They are same "generation" interior but many differences based on exact year. I'm sure I'll miss a few.

1988-1989 bucket seats had no headrests, can't recall if the bench/split bench were this way.
1988-1990 and many 1991 models were "moonie" gauge clusters, not the needle style. Some 1991 models got needle gauges.
1988-1989 door panels were styled differently and had smaller black square window and lock buttons and bezels (if power window/lock equipped)
1988-1989 switches, buttons, controls (radio, A/C) were black

The interior colors changed a little after the first couple years, too, but I don't have specific breakdowns on this. There was a really dark gray, a grayish blue, and a tan that had a lot more brown in it than the 1990-1994 tan - it was more of a light caramel color.

1990-1994 (Silverado) door panels are the fully upholstered design with the larger gray button bezels and gray buttons (except for SUV's which got interior trim-colored bezels that were shaped different to allow for 4 window switches and the power mirror controls). The other controls - headlight switch, A/C, etc. went gray to match.

1992-1994 all gauge clusters are needle style, though some were tach equipped and some weren't.

Seat features evolved a little bit as well. For example 1993 extended cabs there was a two lever system for fold and slide to enter the back seat. 1994 combined it to a single lever for both functions.

Richard

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are same "generation" interior but many differences based on exact year. I'm sure I'll miss a few.

1988-1989 bucket seats had no headrests, can't recall if the bench/split bench were this way.
1988-1990 and many 1991 models were "moonie" gauge clusters, not the needle style. Some 1991 models got needle gauges.
1988-1989 door panels were styled differently and had smaller black square window and lock buttons and bezels (if power window/lock equipped)
1988-1989 switches, buttons, controls (radio, A/C) were black

The interior colors changed a little after the first couple years, too, but I don't have specific breakdowns on this. There was a really dark gray, a grayish blue, and a tan that had a lot more brown in it than the 1990-1994 tan - it was more of a light caramel color.

1990-1994 (Silverado) door panels are the fully upholstered design with the larger gray button bezels and gray buttons (except for SUV's which got interior trim-colored bezels that were shaped different to allow for 4 window switches and the power mirror controls). The other controls - headlight switch, A/C, etc. went gray to match.

1992-1994 all gauge clusters are needle style, though some were tach equipped and some weren't.

Seat features evolved a little bit as well. For example 1993 extended cabs there was a two lever system for fold and slide to enter the back seat. 1994 combined it to a single lever for both functions.

Richard
Interesting, so there's a lot more differences on the inside then there is in a 95-98, very interesting