Arteb Headlights / Taillights End-of-Life (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK!!! :)

Carlos sent me an email tonight and our supplier today informed us that he has stock to ship us!!!

Carlos and I are making arrangements for the first of two bulk orders. We haven't received the most recent pricing yet, so that's still an "unknown". Too, the exchange rate's off its high, but without a crystal ball we have to take what we've given.

I'm hoping we'll have stock to ship w/in the next 2-4wks.
I'm very happy to pass along this news :cheers:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the next couple of weeks I'll acquaint everyone with the process of getting a pair of these to their doorstep. I'm thinking of starting a new thread too, "Arteb 2024" or some such, but more on that later...

Right now, Carlos has to hammer out the pricing and shipping details with the supplier.

I think it's clear, our supplier doesn't ship outside the country. Rather, they ship to Carlos; he then receives, inspects, repackages (more efficiently for overseas shipment) and ships to the US. He only ships one shipment every other day so as to stay under the radar of Los Federales, which means at most he services three customers a week.

So this is going to take some time folks but, now that we've been allocated product, it's practically a sure thing.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, things are moving along and I'm very pleased with the results :waytogo:

This is a long post, but read it; you'll be very glad you did!

Carlos has received from the supplier their current per-unit headlight pricing and shipping estimates (shipping from the supplier to Carlos). The shipping cost is a little higher than we had hoped, but the headlight pricing is remarkable.

If you have been following the thread(s), you may remember that I had hoped to be able to offer the Artebs for >US$250 a pair; that's delivered to your door. The best we've ever accomplished in the past was $296.

It appears we'll be able to hit that target (US$250!), maybe a bit higher, maybe a bit lower... and that's assuming an exchange rate of 4.7:1 (which is pretty low, meaning it may improve and thus lower the US$ cost).

Multiple-pair purchases will benefit from combined shipping; to the US two pairs will be about $30 less (~$470), with incremental savings with additional pairs (e.g., three pairs might be $45 less, that sort-of-thing; I actually haven't priced > 2-pair shipments).

Shipments to Europe are just a little more expensive, US$5-$10, solely due to higher shipping cost. Similar savings exist for multiple-pair purchases.

I've been wanting to deliver this news for the longest time, but only today do I feel in a position to make these statements with any confidence.

We're putting the final terms together for shipping and then we're going to execute.

TAILLIGHTS should be available, and at remarkable prices as well although we haven't asked our supplier about them yet.
Sit tight, I'll post more as it happens... there are a lot of moving parts here :cheers:

POST your questions or PM me if you wish!

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is awesome news!

Still no supply for the tail light circuit boards I'm assuming?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no supply for the tail light circuit boards I'm assuming?

No, nothing of note anyway... not yet.

I tonight asked Carlos to get current pricing for taillights from our new supplier.

In some other GMT400 thread a guy from Australia posted about his taillights, which IIRC are the same Arteb taillights but use a circuit board that's different from that used in Brazil. So, perhaps there's a possibility of getting some circuit boards from Australia and use them in the Arteb (Brazil) taillights; that remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, I have two extra pairs of circuit boards which I intend to offer to buyers of taillights... not for free unfortunately, but for US$100 for a pair. They weren't easy to get; I found them in Argentina via MercadoLibre (https://www.mercadolibre.com.ar) and Carlos did the purchasing on my behalf; Carlos then shipped them to me in the US, and they've cost me nearly $100/pr in total. They aren't easy to find. They aren't cheap.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carlos paid for the first five pairs of headlights today. The supplier says they're packaged for shipment; it'll be interesting to see if they ship today.

Transit to Carlos (Jacobina) from our supplier (south of São Paulo) has taken as long as two weeks.

Later today I'll post the details of "How we run this thing" regarding payment, shipping, etc., for all who are interested.

(edit) Well, I wanted to post details tonight but I've been busy getting info from everyone who's interested in the headlights / taillight and creating a list. I'll post details tomorrow (Thur) :waytogo:

Last edited: