Are there any steering upgrades out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montess85

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to beef up the front end of my truck. Its a 1999 CCSB 2500. I have seen the cognito stuff. Are there any other upgrades out there for these trucks? I just orderd a RCD lift kit for it so they would have to work with the lift.

matttahoe53

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put in an AGR gear box when I did the hydroboost conversion. It really firmed up the steering making it much easier to drive with the lift and larger tires. Also, eliminated the evo system on the power steering pump which is know to wear out and become problematic in the steering system.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
we just did a swap on a 98 and if you toss the wheel to one side youll jackknife the truck easily

but basically nbs knuckle swap with bigger discs, put the tierod on top(used heims), stock replacement pump, went with hydroboost for the bigger brakes, replaced the steering pump, steering stabilizer, steering pump cooler, modded steering shaft(rag joint eliminator)

montess85

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truck already has hydro boost brakes. What is the difference between the stock and AGR steering gear box?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
no i can throw my steering wheel and get the truck to turn on a dime is what i meant. plus i have more steering angle so i can almost throw it enough to jackknife the front end so to speak