Are there any Holden fans here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, evidently that was a requirement, I'm guessing that the composite lights couldn't be modified to throw the light correctly so they went with the duals.
Mhmm-that's weird as compsites don't really have a kick up-the only issue I can think off is that when you aim them for right hand roads they stick out quite a bit-but it's more of an esthetics issue than anything else.

Attachments

• IMG_20210627_085209.jpg
    IMG_20210627_085209.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 4

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1988 GMC K1500 here in New Zealand and I found that the quad lights were only ever made for left hand drive so I have to adjust my right side lights lower than normal so as not to daze oncoming vehicles at night.
Is it a rhd model? The Holden's were built to comply with regs by GM, I don't think they ever exported the trucks.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mhmm-that's weird as compsites don't really have a kick up-the only issue I can think off is that when you aim them for right hand roads they stick out quite a bit-but it's more of an esthetics issue than anything else.
Yeah, I don't know the reason, I was guessing, but I do know that different regs in different countries have been responsible for bumper and light variations.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a rhd model? The Holden's were built to comply with regs by GM, I don't think they ever exported the trucks.
No, it was imported from the US and due to the age I was able to leave it as LHD, it just took a little getting used to getting in the wrong side.

Attachments

• Img_0087resized.jpg
    Img_0087resized.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 9

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck! I bet it's a beast off road.....
Thank you, yes I have been setting it up for camping, especially the hard to get to places. It is also my daily driver so get to enjoy it alot. We are currently paying $2.60 per litre for petrol so that's $10.40 for one of your gallons so I have to keep the milage down.